800 kJ / serve
Each muffin is a good source of protein (8g), calcium (100mg) and fibre (3g) and provides 1 wholegrain serve & 1 vegetable serve
This Recipe is Great For....
..for school or work lunches or enjoy with soup for a light winter meal. I like to keep a batch tucked away in the freezer. One batch makes 18 medium sized muffins.
- 440 g tin creamed corn
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 heaped tablespoon seeded mustard
- 2 onions chopped
- 3 lean rashers bacon chopped (can be omitted for vegetarian muffins)
- 2 1/2 cups of wholemeal SR flour
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 cup grated vegetables eg carrot / zucchini (or frozen chopped spinach)
- 1/4 cup of chopped capsicum or sundried tomatoes depending on what you have & enjoy
- 4 heaped tablespoons of pepitas or sunflower seed
Pan fry onion & bacon. Cool slightly.
Combine dry ingredients – flour, cheese, grated carrot, chopped capsicum.
Combine wet ingredients: creamed corn, oil, milk, eggs & mustard. Add bacon & onion.
Add wet ingredient mix to the flour mix & roughly combine.
Spoon into greased muffin pans & sprinkle with seeds.
Bake at 190 degrees for approx 25- 30 mins until cooked.