Good source of plant protein, fibre and vegetable serve
This Recipe is Great For....
….a lovely vegetarian twist on a popular butter curry and can easily be made using pantry staples.
Good for your budget and good for health.
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 chopped carrot
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups of cubed pumpkin
- 1 x 440g tin of chickpeas, drained & rinsed
- 1 packet of frozen spinach
- 1 butter chicken flavour sachet, I like Maggi brand
- 1 x 440g tin of tomatoes
- 2 tbsp cooking cream
- Fry the onion and carrot in the olive oil until it is nice and soft. Add the cubed pumpkin, chickpeas and spinach.
- Gentle fry a further 5 mins. Add the flavour sachet and simmer gently for 5 more minutes.
- Add the tin of crushed tomatoes. Simmer 10 – 20 mins.
- Meanwhile cook some rice. I prefer brown rice for the extra fibre and nutrients.
- Adding a couple of cloves to the water gives it a nice flavour, and salt is unnecessary.
- Add 1-2 tbsp of cooking cream to the curry.
- Serve and enjoy!