The crunchy walnuts and tender pears provide a unique texture, while the sweet, sour and salty flavours in this salad are sure to make your taste buds sing!
- 1/3 c roughly chopped walnuts
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 pears, halved, cored and cut into 1cm thick slices
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp macadamia oil
- 100g baby spinach leaves
- 50g shaved parmesan cheese
- Gently toast walnuts in a non stick pan for 2-3 mins. Remove walnuts from pan and set aside.
- Heat olive oil, add pears and cook on medium heat tossing often, until golden brown.
- Stir in maple syrup, macadamia oil and balsamic vinegar. Reduce heat and simmer 2-3 mins. Toss through walnuts. Remove from heat. Stand 2 mins.
- Arrange spinach leaves on a serving plate and top with pears and walnuts. Sprinkle with shaved parmesan cheese and serve.
Recipe courtesy of Sanitarium Good Food magazine, spring 2015.
Contact us for more about this. Click here