This is a delicious loaf suitable for people following a gluten free or low FODMAPs diet. Recipe courtesy of the March 2016 Edition of The Australian Coeliac.
1 1/4 cups of gluten free plain flour
2 tsp gluten free baking powder (eg McKenzies)
1 tsp cinnamon
2/3 cup LSA meal
1/3 cup dessicated coconut
1/2 cup vegetable oil
3/4 cup of milk (can substitute soy / almond if required)
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup mashed bananas (2 large)
125 g blueberries. Raspberries or choc chips can also be substituted.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Grease & line 22 cm loaf pan.
- Sift flour, cinnamon & baking powder. Stir in LSA, coconut & brown sugar
- Whisk eggs, oil & milk in a jug. Stir in banana.
- Add wet ingredients to flour mix & stir until just combined. Gently fold in berries.
- Spoon into prepared loaf pan and bake for 50 mins or until skewer comes out clean.
- Cool in loaf pan for 5 mins before turning out onto a wire rack to cool.