The perfect spring lunch or appetiser!
- 5 large flat mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic puree (or crushed garlic)
- 200g baby spinach leaves
- 3 tablespoons extra light sour cream
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- Remove the stems from the mushrooms and wipe any dirt off with a paper towel.
- Brush mushrooms with oilive oil. Set aside.
- Finely chop the mushrooms stems and fry in a large pan with the remaining oil and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add the garlic puree, stir and cook for another couple of minutes.
- Add the spinach to the pan and stir until wilted.
- Remove from the heat, stir in the extra light sour cream and then cools lightly.
- Preheat your grill or oven.
- Spoon the spinach mixture into the centre of the mushrooms, sprinkle with freshly grated parmesan and place them in the preheated oven. Cook for 10-12 minutes. You may like to grill a further 1-2 minutes for prfectly grilled cheese on top. The mushrooms will be done when they are juicy, firm but tender and a glossy, dark brown colour.
- Rest the mushrooms for a couple of minutes, then enjoy them warm, with crusty sourdough bread & a fresh garden salad!