Do you struggle with willpower when it comes to weight loss? If you answered yes, you are not alone. This is a common difficulty when it comes to weight loss. The problem is that willpower is a finite resource. We usually start the day well, but as the demands and pressure placed upon us over the day builds up our supply of willpower dwindles and we find ourselves making poor food choices.
Psychologists have discovered that it is far easier to focus on making changes to our eating habits rather than depending on willpower. You see, after only 4 weeks of practice these can become new healthy habits. Here are some simple habits that can help you to achieve your weight loss goals:
- Eat breakfast
- Keep a bowl of fresh fruit on the bench
- Cook meals in batches and store some meals away in the freezer
- Plan your evening meals in the morning
- Don't keep unhealthy snacks at home
- Avoid eating in front of the screen