To celebrate Australia's Healthy Weight Week 2017, during the month of February, I have decided to share some of my family's favourite recipes. My first dish is a Mediterranean inspired fish dish which is tasty and likely to satisfy even those reluctant fish eaters.
Mediterranean Fish with Tomato & Zucchini
1 Finely chopped onion
- Olive oil
- 800g tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- Fresh herbs eg basil, oregano
- 2 thinly sliced zucchini
- Approx 400 - 500g white fish fillets. (I have used Hoki, Schnapper, perch & sweet lip)
- Flour for coating the fish. Rice flour works well for gluten free
- 1/4 c grated parmesan cheese.
Begin by frying the onion in a large shallow fry pan until translucent. Add the tomato paste and tomatoes. Cook about 20 mins until reduced. Add chopped herbs and thinly sliced zucchini, cover and gently simmer.
Meanwhile coat the fish with flour and fry lightly in olive oil. I have an oven proof fry pan, so when the fish is all cooked I nestle it in the tomato mixture. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Place in the oven and grill until the cheese is melted. Delicious on its own. It also tastes good with crusty bread or steamed rice and a green salad.